The Code 9 Foundation provides a place of support for current & veteran professional first responders & 000 operators who live with PTSD, depression, anxiety and other mental health conditions that result from their service to the community.
This support is available both in the ‘virtual world’ as well as via organised Peer to Peer ‘Catch-up’ nights, Coffee meet ups and other formal events.
The path through mental illness can be an isolating and lonely road. At Code 9 we reach out and teach one another that they are never alone in their respective journeys, and we protect, support and encourage one another to do what is necessary to recover.
What we do
- Show all first responders that they are never alone.
- Raise funds to sponsor assistance dogs through Assistance Dogs Australia
- Hold partners and carers forums to help this critical group of people understand mental injuries and how they can best look after themselves alongside of their injured partner
- Eradicate the mental health stigma within first responders and see that flow on to the community
- Connect with former first responders to get them back among their mates
- Promote positivity and healthy living
- Offer advice to those that are struggling - to speak to a GP or psych and ensure that peer to peer support is offered
- Educate those that are mentally healthy to ensure it stays that way
- Refer first responders or their family members for clinical treatment
News & Media
1 October 19
Peace Advocate and former South Australian of the Year Gill Hicks has been announced as the first Ambassador for The Code 9 Foundation.
Gill Hicks is considered to be one of the most thought provoking, powerful and life affirming speakers in Australia. She is globally known as a survivor of the London terrorist attacks of July 7th, ...
13 September 19
One of our committee members, Julie, attended the Cargo Club of Australia Inc. luncheon today where Steve and Darren presented her with a $2,000 donation to the foundation.
Incredibly appreciative of the Cargo Club and a massive thankyou to Steve and Darren (and others) who made this ...
30 June 19
Awesome work Jay!!!
Congrats to all who completed todays stadium stomp.
Massive shoutout to both Jay and Bex from Triple Zero Fit who represented the foundation today and raised some important funds that will go directly back to first responders to help them get their lives ...